[darcs-users] [patch366] Accept issue1926: amend-record ignores --index option.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Aug 26 16:26:35 UTC 2010

Thanks for the test!

> +## Test for issueNNNN - <SYNOPSIS: WHAT IS THE BUG?  THIS SYNOPSIS
> +## SHOULD BE ONE OR TWO SENTENCES.>
> +##
> +## Copyright (C) YEAR  AUTHOR

You forgot to customise this; I'll be pushing a follow up patch tweaking
the title and assigning you the copyright, which I think is safe to
assume you do not object to.

Also a good chance for us in the Review Team to remember the "trivial
things should not block patch application" principle, which I think I
tend to forget in my nitpickiness :-) [of course, there's also a sort of
"raise the bar" principle where you start to expect certain things from
longtime contributors, but that's a different story!]

> +echo 'Example content 1.' > f
> +darcs record -lam 'Add file f'
> +echo 'Example content 2.' > g
> +darcs record -lam 'Add file g'
> +darcs put ../S                  # S as a copy of R
> +echo "y" | darcs amend-record --index=2 -m 'A new file f'   # Since --index is ignored this command works in
> +                                                            # interactive mode, and the amended patch is the one
> +                                                            # with index 1.

I tried to improve this by using amend-record --all but Petr
pointed out that this applies to the primitive patches only
(we call them "changes" for end users).

Curious, I did a little test on darcs rollback to see how it
handles --all (since it's another command that interactively
steps through both named and primitive patches), and in that
context, all applies to both.