[darcs-users] [patch173] Work in progress: patch index

Benedikt Schmidt beschmi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 00:36:57 UTC 2010

Hi Jason,

On 8/29/10 1:28 , Jason Dagit wrote:

> Jason Dagit<no-reply at example.com>  added the comment:
>
> I started reviewing this (I'm also happy to finish it off if Benedikt is busy).

I'm happy that someone is looking into this and it is a good motivation
to publish a new patch that is easier to consume for reviewers. I can
publish my darcs-repo which has been forked from unstable in march if
you (or someone else) wants to look at the code before I get around to
rebasing everything to current unstable.

 > I noticed this comment in the code:
 > -- | The latest Patch that touches the file is always the first in
the list
 > type TouchingMap = Map FileId (Set PatchId)

The code changed quite a bit since I sent the last patch, so I don't
remember all the details anymore. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure that
the code never assumed that the alphabetic order of patchids has any
relation to the order of patches in the repo. So the comment is clearly
wrong and might be left over from an older version of the code.

The main idea at the time was that you have to read the inventory
anyways, so that's where you get the list of patch-infos in the right
order and the TouchingMap is just used to filter out the relevant
patch-infos.

   Benedikt