[darcs-users] proposal for 2.8 : fastconvert (and remark on the process)

Jimmy Tang jcftang at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 10:36:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 10:20:48 +0100, Florent Becker wrote:
> > As long as we decide to maintain darcs-fastconvert and to advertise it
> > officially, I don't see what advantages there are to having
> > darcs-fastconvert included in darcs rather than separate.
>
> There seems to be a consensus that darcs-fastconvert should at least
> officially be a darcs product: it's what Ganesh suggested when Petr
> first wrote it as a darcs patch, and what I heartily +1ed.  We may have
> failed to actually act on this intention (it happens), but I think it
> was always there.

+1 for darcs-fastconvert to be included with darcs (in some shape or form)
it would certainly encourage the average joe who might just want to try out
darcs (coming from the git world) to give it a try if there is a
bundled/official tool to convert repos, and I'm one of those average joe's!

Jimmy.

--
http://www.sgenomics.org/~jtang/ <http://www.sgenomics.org/%7Ejtang/>