[darcs-users] How to develop on a (GHC) branch with darcs

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 8 08:45:42 UTC 2010

| known problem with darcs with no obvious solution.  For me, switching
| GHC to git would certainly be a win.

I have personal experience of git, because I co-author papers with git users. I am not very technologically savvy, but my failure rate with git is close to 100%.  Ie I can do the equivalent of 'pull' or 'push' but I fail at everything else with an incomprehensible error message.  Maybe I just need practice (or more diligence), but I really don't understand git's underlying model, despite trying, and reading several tutorials.  If anyone has a favourite "how to understand git" doc, do point me at it.

Simon