[darcs-users] How to develop on a (GHC) branch with darcs

Miles Gould miles at assyrian.org.uk
Wed Dec 8 16:42:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 08:45:42AM +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Maybe I just need practice (or more diligence), but I really don't
> understand git's underlying model, despite trying, and reading several
> tutorials.  If anyone has a favourite "how to understand git" doc, do
> point me at it.

I found Mark Dominus' talk on git internals very helpful:

http://perl.plover.com/yak/git/

For "how do I do X in git?" type problems, the best thing to do is type
your question into Google: there's a very very good chance that
someone's already answered that precise question on Stack Overflow or
their blog. Also, learn to love `git gui` and `gitk` (the latter is a
graphical repository viewer).

Miles

--
Most cost accounting is applied metaphysics of an extremely ethereal kind.
  -- Michael S. Montalbano