[darcs-users] [patch423] Test for issue1978 (and 1 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Dec 10 16:40:02 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 13:42:06 +0000, Florent Becker wrote:
> Sun Oct 17 15:33:04 CEST 2010  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
>   * Test for issue1978
>
> Sun Oct 17 15:34:18 CEST 2010  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
>   * more thorough checks of _darcs/format handling

I'm applying these with some minor suggestions for future tests

Test for issue1978
------------------
> +darcs get future temp1
> +cd temp1

We could perhaps check the format of the temp1 repo,
make sure it's sane.

> +rm -rf temp1 future

We don't need to do this sort of cleanup anymore.
New harness.

more thorough checks of _darcs/format handling
> - -rm -rf temp1 temp2
> - -mkdir temp1
> - -cd temp1
> +rm -rf garbage future

We don't really need this cleanup anymore

[snip setup]

garbage:
  gobbledygook
future:
  hashed|gobbledygook
  darcs-2

> +# check the rules for reading and writing
> +# pull from garbage repo
> +# apply in garbage repo

> +# add in garbage repo
> +cd garbage
> +touch toto
> +not darcs add toto 2> log
>  grep -i "can't understand repository format" log
> hunk ./tests/repoformat.sh 60
> - -rm -rf temp1 temp2 log
> +cd ..

Hmm, any reason why add in particular?

> +## future repo: we don't understand one
> +#  alternative of a line of format

> +# get future repo: ok
> +# --to-match is needed because of bug###

Could be good to reference the bug number here for future reference

> +darcs get future temp1 --to-match "name titi"
> +cd temp1
> +darcs changes
> +touch toto
> +darcs add toto
> +darcs record -am 'blah'
> +cd ..
> +rm -rf temp1

Same suggestion for sanity checking format check maybe

> +# pull from future repo: ok
> +mkdir temp1
> +cd temp1
> +darcs init
> +darcs pull ../future -a
> +darcs cha | grep titi
> +cd ..
> +rm -rf temp1
> +
> +# apply in future repo: !ok
> +mkdir temp1
> +cd temp1
> +darcs init
> +darcs changes --context > empty-context
> +darcs tag -m "just a patch"
> +darcs send -a --context=empty-context -o ../bundle.dpatch .
> +cd ../future
> +not darcs apply ../bundle.dpatch 2> log
> +cat log
> +grep -i "can't write repository format" log
> +cd ..
> +rm -rf temp1 bundle.dpatch
> +
> +# record in future repo: !ok
> +cd future
> +touch toto
> +not darcs add toto 2> log
> +grep -i "can't write repository format" log
> +cd ..

Looks good

> +rm -rf future #No future!

Heh :-)