[darcs-users] Darcs 2.5 roadmap

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Feb 1 20:11:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 19:21:33 +0000, Florent Becker wrote:
> On a quite not unrelated note, do we have a roadmap for darcs 2.5?

Yes: http://wiki.darcs.net/Roadmap

I've taken the liberty of inserting new information into the map
pre-empting some of the stuff we decided together in Vienna. IMHO,
it would be a good idea for us to

 - finish up Luca's caching work (perhaps we'll see him in Zurich?)

 - address the needless writing of inventories problem that affects
   repos with lots of history - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1106 ,
   notably GHC.  This problem makes some operations O(n) time with
   respect to the number of patches in the repo, when we could
   "easily" boil that n down to the number of patches since the last
   tag.