[darcs-users] darcs patch: Adaptively choose display units.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Feb 24 10:13:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 00:27:27 +0100, Petr Rockai wrote:
> one small thing to make the reports more human-friendly. I am sending this, as
> opposed to pushing (yes, I can push now, finally) because this makes the
> tabulated output really ugly. Basically, this could make use of rowspans which
> I have no idea how to express (neither in RST nor in the tabular internal
> format). Something along the lines of this:

I'd love to have something like this, but (a) the tabular internal
format does not know how to deal with rowspans yet and (b) neither does
our Pandoc RST support [nor does the Pandoc table model, I suspect].

I'm thinking for tabular, we could have a new rendering function that
takes a new argument mapping cell coordinates to row/column spans (I
figure that the usual case is to have no spans, so you'd want a
representation that deals with this sort of sparsity).

For Pandoc, it may be trickier

>                         darcs-2.3     darcs-2.3.99.2

I think this would be something more like

                        darcs-2.3     darcs-2.3.99.2
                 timings    stats  timings     stats

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9