[darcs-users] high-level UTF-8 feedback

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Sun Jan 3 13:50:25 UTC 2010

Hi all,

After all the UTF-8 debating over the last weeks, I have come up with this plan:

 * Re-introduce tagging to be able to differentiate between non-NFC
and NFC UTF-8.
 * Investigate how to handle the ICU dependency on Windows; if we have
to, just bundle the ICU soure.
 * Remove the debug message about logMessage (handled by Florent, thanks!)

Decoding according to locale is done by Haskeline, which I thought
could deal with input that is malformed according to the current
locale. I can't find this in the Haskeline documentation anymore
though. Judah, can you confirm that it is really failsafe?

Because of my persistent internet connection problems, it may very
well be that I can't do this before the 2.4 hard freeze and the UTF-8
stuff won't be in darcs 2.4.

Bye,
Reinier