[darcs-users] [patch122] Resolve issue121: add --ask-deps support to amend-record

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Tue Jan 5 21:57:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the review!

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Florent Becker wrote:

> Resolve issue121: add --ask-deps support to amend-record
> Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>**20091228223636
>
> Codewise, this patch is good. Is it hot enough to be applied despite
> the soft freeze? I'd vote yes, but leave that to the release manager.

As I understand it, this isn't a release goal so it doesn't make it into
the branch. (But it's fine to apply patches to head as the branch has been
forked, and in any case I note that someone has already done this for this
patch.)

Personally I think it'd be good to have this in 2.4, but now that it's
missed beta1 the argument against is stronger than before.

> hunk ./src/Darcs/Commands/Record.lhs 407
>>        (pc, tps) = patchChoicesTps ps
>> -      ta = case filter ((pa `unsafeCompare`) . tpPatch) $ unsafeUnFL tps of
>> -                [tp] -> tag tp
>> +      tas = case filter (\tp -> pa `unsafeCompare` tpPatch tp || info
> (tpPatch tp) `elem` olddeps) $ unsafeUnFL tps of
>>                  [] -> error "askAboutDepends: []"
>
> This gets the tags of the old dependencies. I think that in a followup
> patch, this should be abstracted into a function for retrieving a list
> of tags corresponding to patches matching some function in a
> PatchChoices, which would go in Darcs.Patch.Choices.

I'm not convinced by this; it'd be quite a short function and I'm not
aware of anywhere else it'd be useful.

Ganesh