[darcs-users] high-level UTF-8 feedback

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Tue Jan 5 19:29:37 UTC 2010

Op maandag 04 januari 2010 10:06 schreef Trent W. Buck:
> Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> writes:
> >  * Investigate how to handle the ICU dependency on Windows; if we have
> >    to, just bundle the ICU source.
>
> From the Debian integrator to the release manager:
>
> It will annoy me if the source tarball for 2.4 contains icu, because
> I'll have to either roll a new tarball (i.e. unbundle it) or document
> the copyright details of all of icu.
>
> Since I don't care about Windows users, I'd prefer to provide them with
> pre-built binaries rather than include icu in the source tarball.

We could also make a special tarball for hackage that contains ICU, so that
people can do "cabal install darcs", and keep the other darcs source
distributions ICU-free.

But that would be extra work for every release. It would be more logical if
the text-icu package bundled ICU in its source (as I've heard zlib does).

Reinier