[darcs-users] [patch122] Resolve issue121: add --ask-deps supportto amend-record

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Wed Jan 6 08:23:38 UTC 2010

Reinier Lamers wrote:
> Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> added the comment:
>
> Op dinsdag 05 januari 2010 13:59 schreef je:
>> Resolve issue121: add --ask-deps support to amend-record
>> Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>**20091228223636
>>
>> Codewise, this patch is good. Is it hot enough to be applied despite
>> the soft freeze? I'd vote yes, but leave that to the release manager.
>
> I won't apply it to the release branch because of the soft freeze.
> But you are free to apply it to the main branch.
>
> I can be convinced to apply this to the 2.4 branch by arguments along
> the line of "power user X has been screaming for this feature for
> five years, don't keep it from him any longer!"

http://bugs.darcs.net/issue121 has three separate requests for the
feature starting from 2006. By coincidence someone else asked about this
on #haskell just a few days ago. I personally have felt the lack
repeatedly in the last few months which was why I did it, but since I'll
just run unstable anyway I don't matter here.

So I think it's worth doing, but I don't feel that strongly.

Ganesh