[darcs-users] Fundraising 2010 - send Darcs hackers to Zurich! ($2000 by 15 Feb)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Jan 9 20:37:32 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

Since 2008, the Darcs Team has made a big push to find hacking time.

We've been streamlining our patch approval processes, running Google Summer of
Code projects and holding bi-annual hacking sprints.  These efforts are
starting to pay off, but we're not quite there yet and we still need your help!

If you love Darcs and you want to see it succeed, if you want to see it get
faster and easier to use, the best thing you can do is to send us your patches
(how about attending a sprint?).  But if you cannot do this, you can still
support the cause.

The 4th Darcs Hacking Sprint will be taking place in March as part of the
Zurich Haskell Hackathon.  Zurich presents a opportunity for us pull a lot of
the Darcs team together, to recruit new developers to the project, and also to
mingle with the wider Haskell community.

We would love to subsidise travel costs to make it easier for developers to
attend this sprint and the one after.  Do you think you can help?  How about
sending just $20 our way?

Donating to Darcs is now easier than ever, as we are now proud members of the
Software Freedom Conservancy. You can either send us a cheque or use Paypal or
Google Checkout.  Furthermore, donations from US tax-payers will now be
tax-deductible.  More details below, or at <http://darcs.net/donations.html>

Many thanks!

Eric

PS. If you could send me an email when you make a donation, I can provide a
daily update on our fundraising status!

Last year, we managed to raise a thousand dollars to send Darcs hackers to the
Utrecht and Vienna hackathons.  This year, I want to see if we can raise $2000
for Darcs hacking by the 14th of February.

Stay tuned at http://darcs.net/donations.html for our progress.  Only $1710 to
go... :-)

Donating by check (USA)
If you have a US bank account, we prefer donations by check as they will
go the longest way.

Checks should be made payable to "Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc.", with
"Directed donation: Darcs" in the memo. They can be mailed to

Software Freedom Conservancy
1995 BROADWAY FL 17
NEW YORK NY 10023-5882 USA

Donating by Paypal or Google Checkout