[darcs-users] [patch72] resolve issue1624 break global cache up into subdirectories

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Mon Jan 11 01:11:02 UTC 2010

Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> writes:
> Op woensdag 23 december 2009 12:00 schreef je:
>> Have you already applied this? I may have found a bug on it.
>
> I considered applying it tonight, but it raised some more questions on IRC:
>
>   [21:26] <Heffalump> it effectively throws away the existing cache, right?

My ~/ (including ~/.cache/darcs) is shared between hosts over NFS.
Suppose that host a has darcs 2.0.2, b has 2.3.1 and c has 2.4.0.  Does
this mean that

    c$ darcs get http://darcs.net

will delete all the cache files that a and b understand?  This would be
undesirable -- it'd make darcs on a and b slower.  I'd prefer to rely on
my existing mechanism for pruning the cache: a weekly cron job of

    find ~/.cache/ -type f -atime +31 -delete