[darcs-users] [patch138] Fix our version mechanism to make non-clean rebuilds p...

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jan 12 20:34:24 UTC 2010

New submission from Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net>:

1 patch for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:darcs:

Tue Jan 12 21:33:26 CET 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Fix our version mechanism to make non-clean rebuilds pick up right version.

  Since Cabal relies on ghc --make, changes in -D flags are not noticed in
  dependency analysis and things do not get rebuild, which translates into stale
  version numbers in produced darcs binaries (only --exact-version was correct in
  the old system). We now tack the version information into a generated module
  instead (header file changes are not noticed by ghc --make either). This
  involves an ugly hack, since autogenerated modules cannot be listed in
  other-modules, since this breaks sdist while at the same time, libraries have
  to have all their modules listed to work. And the version information is part
  of darcslib. The workaround involves tricking the sdist implementation into not
  seeing the other-modules clause in the cabal file. This seems to work.

files: fix-our-version-mechanism-to-make-non_clean-rebuilds-pick-up-right-version_.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 9796
nosy: darcs-users, mornfall
status: needs-review
title: Fix our version mechanism to make non-clean rebuilds p...

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch138>