[darcs-users] [patch127] Re: patches to Darcs.Commands.ShowFiles, and repository internals

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jan 13 07:13:28 UTC 2010

Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net> added the comment:

Hi,

Thomas Hartman <bugs at darcs.net> writes:
> What and where are the  CLONE_FS (...) flags ?
>
> ...darcs.net $ find -type d -name _darcs -prune -o -name *.hs -print |
> xargs -i grep CLONE {} # (no output)
sorry, I was referring to the Linux system call clone, which is used to
create new threads. In Linux, threads can be created in such a way that
each thread has its own working directory. This would likely solve your
problem of darcs calling and relying on setCurrentDirectory, IIUIC?

(But it is problematic in other ways, since this does not seem to be
available from neither pthread API nor GHC threading API...)

Yours,
   Petr.