[darcs-users] [patch135] Accept issue1726: Files with _darcs prefix are always ...

Trent W. Buck bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jan 14 02:59:49 UTC 2010

Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> added the comment:

Sorry about the review delay.

Daniel Dickison wrote:
> Mon Jan 11 16:03:34 EST 2010  Daniel Dickison <danieldickison at gmail.com>
>   * Accept issue1726: Files with _darcs prefix are always boring

> +# Passing --boring should definitely succeed.
> +touch _darcsfoo
> +darcs whatsnew -ls --boring
> +darcs add --boring _darcsfoo
> +darcs revert -a _darcsfoo
> +
> +# Without --boring, it should succeed given the default boring file.
> +touch _darcsfoo
> +darcs whatsnew -ls
> +darcs add _darcsfoo
> +darcs revert -a _darcsfoo

I'm concerned that using "_darcsfoo" both times might trip unrelated
bugs in pending.  I suggest using _darcsbar the second time, and
simply doing a normal record.

    touch _darcsfoo
    darcs whatsnew -ls --boring
    darcs record --look-for-adds --boring _darcsfoo

    touch _darcsbar
    darcs whatsnew -ls --boring
    darcs record --look-for-adds --boring _darcsbar

> +# The actual _darcs directory should always be skipped.
> +not darcs add -r _darcs
> +not darcs add -r --boring _darcs

Good.

> +# ...as well as user-created files under _darcs (?)
> +touch _darcs/foo
> +not darcs add _darcs/foo

Good.

> +cd ..
> +rm -rf R

I think convention is now not to bother cleaning up after oneself.