[darcs-users] Feedback on hunk splitting with Darcs 2.4 beta 1

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Sun Jan 17 00:33:59 UTC 2010

Nathan Gray wrote:
>   line I do not want
>   ==BEGIN
>   line I do want
>   ==SPLIT
>   line I do want
>   ==END
>   line I do not want
>   ==BEGIN
>   line I do want
>   ==END
>   line I do not want
>
> Or we could just get rid of ==SPLIT and only use ==END and
> ==BEGIN, if that makes it more clear.

interesting.  And in this proposal, I think the "lines" should be
prefixed with + or - (add or remove).  It would be sweet if you could
just delete the patch-lines you didn't want to record, although I'm
worried that darcs might not be able to reconstruct which particular
patch-lines you meant to keep (if there are duplicate lines).  Or the
user could prefix "include" or perhaps "reject" lines with a * or
something like that.  (Which interface is most efficient depends on the
size of the hunks, the text-editor, etc.)

hmm...

-Isaac