[darcs-users] Feedback on hunk splitting with Darcs 2.4 beta 1

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Sun Jan 17 00:48:59 UTC 2010

Isaac Dupree wrote:
> Not enough to get used to the whole workflow,

side note; a workflow problem I have with current darcs-record that
isn't totally fixed by hunk-splitting existing;

when I have a lot of hunks to record, into a few different patches, I
wish I could go through them in one darcs-record session and sort them
into the several different "bins" (patches I want to create).  Instead I
have to go through them once, to record one of the patches and kinda
half memorize what I'm going to do with the rest, and then go through
all the hunks again in a second darcs-record (hit n / y too slowly? get
bored. Too fast? don't have enough time to see the next hunk coming, and
sometimes press the wrong answer..), and then a third record session...

hunk splitting does mean that I don't as likely have to repeatedly quit
mid-record to get any one patch to be what I want it to be, so total
frustration does decrease :-)

-Isaac