[darcs-users] Feedback on hunk splitting with Darcs 2.4 beta 1

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Jan 18 22:07:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:

> I wonder if the work that has already gone into hunk splitting could be
> retargeted to a different UI.

For what it's worth, the internal interface for this is pretty general,
and explicitly designed with the intention of adding editors for
non-hunk patches at a later date if that makes sense.

The only thing that's really hardcoded is the idea of defining the patch
as text in some format or another and then firing up an editor for that
text, but even that could be generalised if a use case came up. So I think
most UIs that make sense can be implemented reasonably.

Ganesh