[darcs-users] [patch146] tweaks to hunk editing interface

Florent Becker bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jan 19 15:52:11 UTC 2010

Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org> added the comment:

I think it is best not to default the new hunks to 'n', since the user will be
able to reach them by using 'k'. I think it's best for them to always see the
filler patches than to accidentaly stumble on them when they use 'k'. But maybe
showing the filler patch is not such a problem, especially given that the edited
and filler patch will be offered next to each other. So i'd rather go with an
interface which offers the filler patches by default, and then apply this if
people do get confused, and we have a way to not show the filler patches, even
with 'k'.

Tagged further-discussion-needed.

assignedto: galbolle ->