[darcs-users] [patch146] tweaks to hunk editing interface

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Jan 20 19:26:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:01:17 +0000, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> I think having the filler patches available via 'k' is quite important for
> consistency with the rest of the interactive selection UI. If you have patches A
> and B being offered initially by record, with B depending on A (I think this can
> happen if A is a hunk patch and B is a replace patch), then B defaults to 'n' if
> you select A, but you can still use 'k' to go back and select B, which then
> automatically selects 'A' too.

Actually, one more reason to show the filler patches is that then users
know they have to revert them.

It also ties into the hypothetical revert-when-recording feature.

OK, is there a good way to get out of indecision mode?

I think that maybe with the right explanation, we can make the filler
patches obvious.

Ganesh: would you be comfortable making the final call?