[darcs-users] [patch146] tweaks to hunk editing interface

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Wed Jan 20 20:04:33 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
> OK, is there a good way to get out of indecision mode?
>
> I think that maybe with the right explanation, we can make the filler
> patches obvious.
I am strongly in favour of *not* hiding them using the 'n' by default
tactic. Also, I'd love to see a help text improvement on HEAD. We have
collected a lot of text, it should only be matter of distilling it into
the online help text.

Btw., I dislike the 'filler' terminology as well. I don't see what these
patches are "filling". In normal usage, they are the "second half" of
the split. I don't find it surprising to see the second half (it would
probably be more surprising to not see it). And I also agree with the
revert argument (I.e. anything I say 'n' to in record should be later
available to darcs revert, and nothing else, unless dependencies caused
a skipped question -- but these are announced as well.)

Yours,
   Petr.