[darcs-users] darcs 2.4 and hunk splitting

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Jan 20 21:26:56 UTC 2010

> At this moment I tend to choose for the final option of not including hunk
> editing in the 2.4 release. If we include it with a bad interface, it is
> unlikely that we are going to make people happy with it. If we release a buggy
> darcs 2.4, we will make a lot of people very unhappy. A darcs 2.4 without hunk
> splitting seems to be the least of the three evils.

Given the options, I also lean towards this approach.

I look forward towards using the feature, but it is important to me
that when it is released, it feels as polished and ad easy to use as
other key features in darcs. From the discussion thus far, it looks like
more discussion and refinement is required than the release cycle will
allow.

    Mark