[darcs-users] darcs 2.4 and hunk splitting

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed Jan 20 21:31:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Reinier Lamers wrote:

> I am putting out darcs 2.4 beta 2 right now, but I'm very confused about
> the question of interactive hunk editing. Should it be in darcs 2.4, and
> if yes, in what form?

[...]

> Finally, we can drop the hunk splitting altogether. The drawback is that
> we are withholding this feature from our users for one more release.

I'd just like to note that the discussion about the feature was only
triggered by the beta, despite Eric and I making some effort to start one
when the patches first went in. So it's a nasty trap, that any other
feature like this could also wind up needing two release cycles to
actually get in.

So personally, I'd be inclined to spend a bit longer in the beta cycle,
get this right and tested, and be done with it. But I may be biased :-)

Cheers,

Ganesh