[darcs-users] [patch123] Name the separators in the hunk splittin... (and 1 more)

Florent Becker florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
Thu Jan 21 09:15:17 UTC 2010

On 20/01/2010 23:11, Eric Kow wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 22:00:32 +0000, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
>> I don't think I'm the best person to decide on whether the text is clear. (It is
>> to me, for what it's worth.)
>
> Mark, Isaac [and ideally, a user who hasn't already chimed in]?
>
> I repeat the text for convenience.
>
> Interactive hunk edit:
>  - This edit will not affect your working copy
>  - To split a block of added text, remove the part you want to postpone
>  - To split a block of removed text, copy back the part you want to retain
These two lines seem confusing to me. How about:
-edit the 'AFTER' part to be what you want to record for this part of
the file.

Hints about hunk-splitting then go into the manual, where they belong.
Help within the commands has to be generic, otherwise it implies that
the command is more limited than it really is.

If we want more details, add
- darcs will create a patch between the old state and your edited state,
and one between the edited state and the working copy, and ask you about
them.

Florent