[darcs-users] Darcs 2.4 - performance testing (stage 1)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Jan 27 02:01:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm arbitrarily declaring this stage 1 of performance testing
>>> (we're not entirely there yet, though)
>>>
>>> The official repo has moved to
>>> http://code.haskell.org/darcs/darcs-benchmark/
>>>
>>> Could you guys use this for further benchmarking?  I've
>>> - ignored errors removing the stats file
>>> - added benchmarks for revert/unrevert (interestingly,
>>>  this one takes time; perhaps conflicts in the unrevert
>>>  patch?)
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> I left it running overnight and it's not finished yet, but here is the
>> output:
>>
>> Yay it finished:

Also attached as a zipped text file incase your mail client tries to display
it funny.

And if you're curious which version of hashed-storage the last two are
compiled with, I pulled these out of my terminal scroll back:
$ cabal configure --constraint="hashed-storage == 0.4.4"
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring darcs-2.3.98.1...
[

$ cabal configure --constraint="hashed-storage ==0.4.5"
Resolving dependencies...
[2 of 2] Compiling Main             ( Setup.lhs, dist/setup/Main.o )
Linking ./dist/setup/setup ...
Configuring darcs-2.3.98.2...

I hope that helps,
Jason