[darcs-users] [patch285] Rename optionFromDarcsoption to optionFr... (and 2 more)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jul 1 16:21:50 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

In conjunction with patch259, I think this implements the recommendations
in http://wiki.darcs.net/DefaultSwitches

Along the way, it *tries* to make default behaviours a little bit more
explicit.

I also threw in universal --no-cache which has been bugging us for a while.

Note that one missing behaviour is that of reminding users how to set the
default repo.  The problem is that I'm not sure what the right advice to
give is.  Can we just tell them to run the command again.  Will it work if
(for example) you don't have any patches to push?

There's some messiness in this bundle, sorry!  Unfortunately, I'm offline till
10 July, so I think making your own corrections may be the fastest way to fix
anything I did wrong :-(

14 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

Mon Jun 21 01:02:07 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Rename optionFromDarcsoption to optionFromDarcsOption.

Mon Jun 21 01:19:26 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Flatten DarcsOption type.
  Distinguish between DarcsAtomicOptions and DarcsOption.

Mon Jun 21 01:22:00 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Better use of Data.Maybe helpers in Darcs.Arguments.

Mon Jun 21 01:36:01 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Refactor traversal of atomic options in DarcsOption.

Thu Jul  1 15:25:43 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Update optimizeHTTP for new two-layer DarcsOption.

Thu Jul  1 15:49:16 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Fix use of atomicOptions in Darcs.ArgumentDefaults.

Thu Jul  1 16:18:16 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * General purpose function for setting defaults.

Thu Jul  1 16:35:11 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Fix missing type signature.

Thu Jul  1 16:50:41 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Add a notion of mutually exclusive options with a default.

Thu Jul  1 16:50:45 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Express --{no-,}edit-description as a mutually exclusive option.

Thu Jul  1 16:52:53 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Make --edit-description the default.

Thu Jul  1 17:01:38 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Express --{no-,}set-default as a mutually exclusive option.

Thu Jul  1 17:03:52 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Do not set default repo by default in push, pull, send, fetch.
  As discussed during the 2010-03 sprint and documented in
  http://wiki.darcs.net/DefaultSwitches

Thu Jul  1 17:14:28 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Make --no-cache an advanced option in all commands.

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch285>