[darcs-users] [patch254] resolve issue1371: darcs assumes -p for SSH_PORT; but putty takes -P

Radoslav Dorcik bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jul 5 23:47:03 UTC 2010

Radoslav Dorcik <dixiecko at gmail.com> added the comment:

Thanks All for the comments!

1) Eric, the issue with possible deadlock I'll target in next version of
the patch.

2) getSSHOnly was found as the place where is decision taken about
ssh/sftp/scp command. it seems other commands use this for getting
command name / arguments. I'll re-verify that.

3) these two "SSH CMD Opts" and "SSH CMD Version Detection" is good have
separated since there can be 1:N relation.

4) the IO handling & re-implementation will be investigated, e.g.
incorporate robust approach.

I finally understood the problem why OpenSSH on Linux can take
interactive input / confirmation and windows putty can not - OpenSSH
access the terminal directly / bi-pass the stdin/stdout. This is quite
common practice for the commands which ask for the passwords.

Unforunately I not able track the development on darcs, are there any
patches/related-issues for the SSH/SFTP Windows/Linux topic ?