[darcs-users] [patch285] default switches for Darcs 2.5

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jul 8 19:56:33 UTC 2010

Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net> added the comment:

Hi!

I have reviewed all of Eric's changes and found a couple of issues. One,
--no-edit was being ignored if --edit was ever given. This is a design issue,
with [DarcsFlag] style of handling options. I have added a more-or-less generic
solution for this that uses the new DarcsMutuallyExclusive option type to keep
at most one occurence of an option from the mutually-exlusive set. This is the
first patch I added.

The second, tests got pretty broken by the new defaults (this was the easier
part once the above was addressed: just adding --set-default in one place and
--no-edit to the defaults for all of the testsuite fixed things).

The last (minor) thing is that --no-cache appeared twice in some option lists
(caught by the testsuite as well). Fixed by a separate patch.

Other than those, I think the bundle can go in. I would appreciate a timely
review of the three patches I have tacked on to the end.

Btw., there's a problem with the change to ShellHarness: if people are using
just "cabal build" and friends, the change to ShellHarness won't trigger a
Setup rebuild and they will get test failures. Need to "touch Setup.lhs" to
remedy that. I don't know a good fix...

Yours,
   Petr.

17 patches for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:darcs:

Mon Jun 21 02:02:07 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Rename optionFromDarcsoption to optionFromDarcsOption.

Mon Jun 21 02:19:26 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Flatten DarcsOption type.
  Distinguish between DarcsAtomicOptions and DarcsOption.

Mon Jun 21 02:22:00 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Better use of Data.Maybe helpers in Darcs.Arguments.

Mon Jun 21 02:36:01 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Refactor traversal of atomic options in DarcsOption.

Thu Jul  1 16:25:43 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Update optimizeHTTP for new two-layer DarcsOption.

Thu Jul  1 16:49:16 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Fix use of atomicOptions in Darcs.ArgumentDefaults.

Thu Jul  1 17:18:16 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * General purpose function for setting defaults.

Thu Jul  1 17:35:11 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Fix missing type signature.

Thu Jul  1 17:50:41 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Add a notion of mutually exclusive options with a default.

Thu Jul  1 17:50:45 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Express --{no-,}edit-description as a mutually exclusive option.

Thu Jul  1 17:52:53 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Make --edit-description the default.

Thu Jul  1 18:01:38 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Express --{no-,}set-default as a mutually exclusive option.

Thu Jul  1 18:03:52 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Do not set default repo by default in push, pull, send, fetch.
  As discussed during the 2010-03 sprint and documented in
  http://wiki.darcs.net/DefaultSwitches

Thu Jul  1 18:14:28 CEST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Make --no-cache an advanced option in all commands.

Thu Jul  8 21:49:04 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Correctly handle conflicts arising from DarcsMutuallyExclusive options.

Thu Jul  8 21:50:14 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Avoid adding noCache twice to parameter lists.

Thu Jul  8 21:51:00 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Fix tests in light of recent default flag changes.

nosy: +mornfall

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch285>