[darcs-users] darcs 2.5 soft freeze in effect now

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sat Jul 10 20:11:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Reinier Lamers wrote:

> This time, the soft freeze will have a consequence for those submitting and
> reviewing patches. Patches that fix issues marked with milestone "2.5.0
> CURRENT" on the bug tracker, should be applied to both the 2.5 branch and the
> HEAD branch before being accepted. The issue should not be resolved until it
> is either fixed in the 2.5 branch or postponed until a later release.

Who can decide whether an issue should be marked with that milestone?

In particular I'd like to get my patch that stops Setup.lhs using
Control.OldException in, because it might be important for building with
GHC 6.14. Can I therefore raise an issue and mark it for 2.5 and then
apply the patch (it's already been accepted for HEAD) on my own judgement?

Cheers,

Ganesh