[darcs-users] [issue1891] darcs stash

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Jul 19 10:23:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:11:26 +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> > What we'd really like to do is:
> >
> >   repo-a> darcs stash ../repo-b

> Interesting.  So what would the whole workflow look like?

In case that was unclear, the question was related to that
command above.

Basically, who types darcs unstash, where, and what happens
next?

While I'm at it, patch303 suggests one possibility, which is

  darcs revert -o foo.stash
  darcs unrevert --bundle foo.stash # alternatively, darcs apply foo.stash, darcs unrecord

Ah but details, details, details.

For example, what happpens if the stash file already exists?  Do we just
clobber it?  (right now yes), but as an alternative, could we just find
an new name like foo.stash-1 and tell the user?  Or do we instead append
to the pre-existing bundle?  OK fine, so suppose we develop a new
behaviour like appending to the bundle...  then it's Conceptual
Integrity time, because we also have a notion of using -o/-O to save to
bundles which are used by darcs send and darcs obliterate.  Should those
versions of the -o/-O flag behave the same way as in revert?

I'm sure we can work this out...

For a faster response, please try +44 (0)1273 64 2905.