[darcs-users] benchmarks

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Mon Jul 19 20:23:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:30:31PM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> Volunteers, specifically for MacOS X, Windows and Linux
>
> http://wiki.darcs.net/Benchmarks
>
> Hands up!  It's pretty much just a matter of
>
>   cabal update
>   cabal install darcs-benchmark
>
> Just before writing this mail, I uploaded version 0.1.8 of
> darcs-benchmark with Max Battcher's work to generate graphs
> (via Google Charts).

I tried both the cabal update method and updating my local copy
of darcs-benchmark via darcs.

  $ cabal update
  Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org
  Note: there is a new version of cabal-install available.
  To upgrade, run: cabal install cabal-install

  $ cabal install darcs-benchmark
  cabal: failed to parse output of 'ghc-pkg dump'

  $ cabal install cabal-install
  cabal: failed to parse output of 'ghc-pkg dump'

When I tried to pull from http://code.haskell.org/darcs/darcs-benchmark,
the process hung forever (well, a couple of minutes, then I
killed it).

-kolibrie