[darcs-users] darcs 2.5 release schedule

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Jul 22 10:03:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

I also feel that 2.5.x line should be bugfixes on the 2.5 series

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 08:53:43 +0200, Petr Rockai wrote:
> Those are the issue 1599 fix by Adolfo that just landed in the patch
> tracker (and will need some review and probably at least one amendment
> iteration).

Any reason that this urgently needs to go in?  It seems it suffices to
be principled about the freeze here and wait for Darcs 2.6.

> The other is the http packs stuff, which is partially in, but it's not
> in a good enough shape for release (due to --lazy breakage, etc.).

We don't necessarily have to roll this back to exclude it.

A simpler options might be to create a patch to just ignore the
pack fetching functionality.

For a faster response, please try +44 (0)1273 64 2905.