[darcs-users] [patch312] Slightly fix context generation in Setup.

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jul 22 11:16:01 UTC 2010

New submission from Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net>:

This produces a valid context regardless of the appropriate release tag being
present. This is only part of a solution though, since the context need not be
minimal... I am afraid that we may need to introduce a darcs optimize --reorder
into Setup to make this mechanism at least somewhat reliable.

The other problem is that the +N patches won't work even then when the tag is
absent. Again, optimize --reorder is needed to make it correct if the
appropriate version tag is out of order, since sadly darcs chan --from-tag
. will only list patches that have landed in the repo after the tag, not
patches that are outside the tag (which is not the same thing).

Yours,
   Petr.

PS: At least we see why people struggle with finding out whether they have the
same repository... The correct sequence is darcs optimize --reorder, darcs
changes --context and compare the context files. Or so it seems...

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/:

Thu Jul 22 13:14:10 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Slightly fix context generation in Setup.

files: slightly-fix-context-generation-in-setup_.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 11820
nosy: mornfall
status: needs-review
title: Slightly fix context generation in Setup.

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch312>