[darcs-users] [patch315] Add a flag for release-quality builds(-... (and 15 more)

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Fri Jul 23 13:56:09 UTC 2010

Warnings are tricky little buggers, because often one version of GHC
will warn about something that's needed for the previous version of GHC,
or vice versa!

> Fri Jul 23 14:18:43 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Remove PatternSignatures as we currently require GHC 6.10 and up.

Do we actually have any other things that break with 6.8? I don't want
to support it explicitly, but going out of our way to break it seems
excessive.

> Fri Jul 23 14:20:31 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Suppress orphan instance warnings in Darcs.Witnesses.Ordered.

We shouldn't suppress these unless we're sure we can't fix the orphan.

> Fri Jul 23 14:33:51 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Update GADT syntax in Darcs.Patch.Choices.

This will break 6.10, IIRC.

> Fri Jul 23 14:36:11 BST 2010  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Fix incomplete pattern match in Darcs.Patch.Depends.
>   Seems like an explicit bug is better than a incomplete-match crash

This is actually a witnesses problem - I think it's commented out
because Petr couldn't fix the witnesses compile error if you uncomment
it. I also tried (briefly) a few weeks ago and failed.

Ganesh