[darcs-users] [patch318] tune the patch parser (and 10 more)

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jul 25 19:08:07 UTC 2010

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 18:08:36 +0000, Jason Dagit wrote:
> This set of patches changes that.  It uses the same underlying parser
> abstractions that darcs has been using for years, but it exposes the
> API in a way that is consistent with other parser libraries.  Very few
> functions had to be rewritten from scratch.  Most notably,
> linesStartingWithEndingWith and linesStartingWith had to be
> substantially rewritten.  The tests pass and I think the code is
> correct.  Of course, mores can't hurt.  Volunteers to write tests will
> be loudly praised.

It sounds like this patch presents a good opportunity to develop some
parser-specific tests in our unit and functional testing suites.

For example, do we already have generate/parse roundtrip QuickChecks?
Could we have tests that target individual functions used by the parser?

These aren't questions specifically for Jason, just sort of thinking
aloud about chances to usefully extend our test coverage

For a faster response, please try +44 (0)1273 64 2905.

nosy: +kowey