[darcs-users] How to downgrade darcs 2.4 -> 2.2?

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 1 19:10:34 UTC 2010

On 30 May 2010, at 09:14, Trent W. Buck wrote:

> Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com> writes:
>
>> I always have to make a clone of a repo before doing any pull,
>> because
>> if there is a conflict, the repo will be completely messed after the
>> pull. Working with the constant fear that a simple pull can result in
>> a big mess that could take a lot of time and irritation to fix is
>> very
>> annoying.
>
>> From my .darcs/defaults:
>
>  # > You can streamline with darcs pull -a --dont-allow-conflicts,
> which will also
>  # > apply in the safe case (no conflicts).
>  #
>  # Aside: How about making dont-allow-conflicts the default ? I add it
>  # for apply and pull to my ~/.darcs/defaults on all machines. I
> always
>  # want be warned about the conflict, so that I can make sure I've
>  # recorded pending edits, or maybe revert/obliterate the similar
> work I
>  # was doing on two machines. When I'm sure, I pull again with
>  # --allow-conflicts.
>  ALL		dont-allow-conflicts

I can't see how that would help. My intention is to combine my work
with that of the other people I work with and solve the conflicts we
have in order to advance the code. If I disallow conflicts then I will
never pull their work and we can never combine what we did, once we
have a conflict.
This is not some automated pull that needs to be kept consistent, it's
people working together on the same code independently.

--
Dan