[darcs-users] How to downgrade darcs 2.4 -> 2.2? (issue1817)

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Jun 3 01:20:11 UTC 2010

On 3 Jun 2010, at 01:03, Radoslav Dorcik wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 29 May 2010, at 16:40, Radoslav Dorcik wrote:
>>
>> merge tool in order to fix the conflict. Before doing this it will
>> create 3
>> directory structures in /tmp: /tmp/version1, /tmp/version2 and /tmp/
>> ancestor
>> ancestor version and the pulled version all right, but my own
>> version is
>> completely empty. darcs generates 3 directory trees in /tmp: /tmp/
>> ancestor,
>> /tmp/version1 and /tmp/version2. The ancestor and version2 trees
>> and files
>> are all right. But the version1 tree is broken. It contains the
>> correct
>> directory structure and the required files, as the other 2 trees
>> do, but all
>> the files under the version1 tree are empty.
>
> before I'll try to reproduce it. I have maybe one blind question:
> do you have /tmp/ on special partition ?  e.g. maybe the "mmap" is
> involved here.

No. /tmp is just a directory on the root partition (/). It's true that
the repository is in my home directory and /home is on a different
partition, but still on the same disk. So every involved path is on a
local disk, just 2 different partitions. Anyhow, why do you think that
would affect this, given that only /tmp/version1 is affected and
darcs-2.3 works just fine on the same machine.

Also this is not a particular patch that is affected when pulled.
Every conflict I have in any repository I have will result in the same
problem. Always /tmp/version1 contains empty files.

So if I do this, I always reproduce the problem (with darcs-2.4):

1. take a repo and clone it (cp -a or darcs get)
2. make a change in the main repo and record it
3. make a change to the same line in the cloned repo, but do not
record it
4. pull the patch from the main repo in the cloned repo with the
external merge configured

If I use darcs-2.3 or older, it works just fine (i.e. /tmp/version1
contains what is supposed to). Same machine, same repo, same patch,
same everything, except the version of darcs.

--
Dan