[darcs-users] [patch261] resolve issue1848: Patch.Choices.makeEverythingSooner ...

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Jun 3 20:18:07 UTC 2010

Hi!

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
[snip snip]
> At this stage of the work, we can now lose the distinction between
> really interesting and slightly interesting patches.  We want to
> set all patches to 'slightly interesting' and let the user pick out
> the ones she considers to be really interesting.

oh but not losing this distinction could make a nice UI improvement! I
think if you are using matchers and interactive selection, it would be
nice to see if the patch you are looking at was selected by a matcher or
is there because of a dependency. It would be perfect if you could ask
darcs which really-interesting patch caused it to be included, but
that's probably not very straightforward, implementation-wise. But even
marking "slightly interesting" patches as such could reduce confusion in
a few situations. What do you think?

Yours,
   Petr.