[darcs-users] [patch265] Resolve issue1857: Use and update pristine root pointe...

Petr Ročkai bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jun 3 21:45:44 UTC 2010

New submission from Petr Ročkai <me at mornfall.net>:

Hi,

this patch fixes the immediate bug. HOWEVER, I think there is still a problem
lurking there, namely if the "h" given to applyHashed is actually something
different than the current pristine root.

This could happen for example when a patch series is applied in multiple steps,
each following step calling applyHashed on a "temporary" pristine state.

In theory, the *first* such applyHashed should trigger the conversion and all
should be well. Unfortunately, this is not guaranteed, since this repository
could be in a mixed format and first applyHashed could avoid the conversion and
a subsequent one could trigger it.

It is not completely clear what to do about this.

I'll have a think or two and will let you know. Presumably, this patch still
improves the situation over the current HEAD, so it may make sense to apply.

I had to move applyHashed from HashedIO to HashedRepo, since inv2pris/pris2inv
are only available there.

Yours,
   Petr.

1 patch for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:darcs:

Thu Jun  3 23:40:36 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve issue1857: Use and update pristine root pointer upon conversion.

files: resolve-issue1857_-use-and-update-pristine-root-pointer-upon-conversion_.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 11225
nosy: mornfall
status: needs-review
title: Resolve issue1857: Use and update pristine root pointe...

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch265>