[darcs-users] Error message

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Jun 4 19:30:51 UTC 2010

On 4 Jun 2010, at 17:38, Petr Rockai wrote:

> Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com> writes:
>
>> On 4 Jun 2010, at 12:15, Simon Marlow wrote:
>>
>>> Dan: what version of GHC was your darcs compiled with?
>>
>> I don't know for sure. I use the darcs package from debian
>> unstable, so I guess
>> it was compiled with ghc-6.12.1 which is what is available  in debian
>> unstable. I think Trent can clarify this.
> You can ask your darcs: darcs +RTS --info should tell you.

Aha! I knew there was a command line switch to query such info, I just
couldn't remember it. In fact I always forget it. Maybe it could be
mentioned in darcs --help, like --exact-version is.

Thanks for the tip. Here's the output.

$ darcs +RTS --info
  [("GHC RTS", "YES")
  ,("GHC version", "6.12.1")
  ,("RTS way", "rts_thr")
  ,("Host platform", "i386-unknown-linux")
  ,("Host architecture", "i386")
  ,("Host OS", "linux")
  ,("Host vendor", "unknown")
  ,("Build platform", "i386-unknown-linux")
  ,("Build architecture", "i386")
  ,("Build OS", "linux")
  ,("Build vendor", "unknown")
  ,("Target platform", "i386-unknown-linux")
  ,("Target architecture", "i386")
  ,("Target OS", "linux")
  ,("Target vendor", "unknown")
  ,("Word size", "32")