[darcs-users] [issue1371] darcs assumes -p for SSH_PORT; but putty takes -P

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Jun 5 09:41:55 UTC 2010

Hi Rado and Trent,

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 16:52:33 +1000, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> If the remote host doesn't have "darcs transfer-mode", and you have a
> non-null passphrase, ssh will prompt you for it O(n) times per run.
> IMO the most likely explanation is that the documents you recall predate
> transfer-mode, or the author couldn't get Darcs 2 onto her server.

I've discovered and slightly an SSH notes on the wiki page I wrote
around 2006/2007.  I've dusted off the moin-conversion cobwebs and
linked to the resolution of an old bug.

There's a chance the PuTTY section would be of interest

  http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsInternals/SSH#putty

In the future, I'd like this page to tell us more about darcs
transfer-mode, I guess the protocol.