[darcs-users] [patch266] Resolve Issue1210: global cache gets recorded in _darc...

Adolfo Builes bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jun 6 02:01:28 UTC 2010

Adolfo Builes <builes.adolfo at googlemail.com> added the comment:

The sources files is written each time we are copying a repository, what
happens is that when darcs tries to identify a repository it calls
Repository.Prefs.getCache , this function always include in  the cache the
global one unless --no-cache is given, and then when saving it to sources,
it just copies everything that is in the Cache of the repository.

My first approach was appending NoCache to the list of flags, but then I
realized that darcs wouldn't use the global cache, because it wasn't in the
Cache, so in that case we were losing the advantages offered by it,
specially if we were getting a remote one. So I modified the cache just
before saving it to the sources file, dropping the global cache out of the
list of sources.

--
Adolfo