[darcs-users] intermittent trouble with mapped drives, darcs-2.4.4

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Jun 6 12:46:18 UTC 2010

Hi Kari,

I think it'd be useful if you could report this as a bug anyway, even if
you can't reproduce it, particularly since it appears to be a regression
in 2.3.1 and you see it fairly frequently.

Hopefully we'll be able to find a way to make it reproducible, always
the big sticking point.

Thanks!

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 15:33:00 -0500, Kari Hoijarvi wrote:
> OK, I this issue is popping up now regularly.
>
> On a mapped drive, I add directories and add files into them.
>
> 2.4.4 does not recognize them as pending changes.
>
> 2.3.1 and 1.0.9 work fine.
>
> I zipped up my repository and moved it to another machine, but 2.4.4
> didn't expose the bug there. So where can the difference be? What
> cached files should I keep my eye on?
>
> I'd report a bug, but I have no real repro, so it would be quite
> useless. Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this? I'm
> having legacy format repository, no admin rights and a fairly
> reliable network, I hardly ever get delayed write failures.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9