[darcs-users] Error message

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Jun 6 15:57:03 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 03:51:12 +0300, Dan Pascu wrote:
> That may be a problem. This is from a cron job running darcs pull
> every 5 minutes for multiple repositories in order to bring them up
> to date with their corresponding central repositories. These
> repositories are read-only. Now I had darcs-1.0.9 before and I never
> saw any issues. On 19 April 2010 I upgraded to darcs-2.4. Since
> then, I saw various errors reported over email once in a while from
> the cron job. Yet since the upgrade I only saw this error once, a
> few days ago.

OK, so we have a potential bug that's fairly difficult to reproduce.
What concrete steps can we take here to turn this into something we
can chew on?

Dan: do you already have the infrastructure in place to automatically
log the Darcs errors?

I wonder if maybe setting up some relatively simple (and shareable)
repository and having your cron-based infrastructure run on *that*
could help us reproduce the problem.

Thanks!