[darcs-users] [patch267] Accept issue1860: (Un)applying move patc... (and 2 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Jun 6 16:02:27 UTC 2010

> Sun Jun  6 16:21:25 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
> +renameChanged from to = modify $ \st -> st { changed = rename' $ changed st }
> +  where rename' = S.fromList . map renameone . S.toList
> +        renameone x | from `isPrefix` x = to `catPaths` relative from x
> +                    | otherwise = x
> +        relative (AnchoredPath from) (AnchoredPath x) = AnchoredPath $ drop (length from) x

Just a quick comment here (without having read the patch properly).

Do we have to worry about things like initial/trailing slashes in from
and x?

If I understand correctly AnchoredPath is for paths relative to the tree
root?

>             unless (isNothing item) $ do
>                    modifyItem from Nothing
>                    modifyItem to item
> +                  renameChanged from to

One would have to know more about hashed-storage to see if this makes
sense.

> Sun Jun  6 16:28:58 CEST 2010  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
>   * Accept issue1860: (Un)applying move patches may lead to incomplete pristine.

Accept issue1860: (Un)applying move patches may lead to incomplete pristine.
I'll apply this one straightaway

> hunk ./tests/failing-issue1860-incomplete-pristine.sh 1
> +#!/usr/bin/env bash
> +## Copyright (C) 2010 Petr Rockai

So for some reason, our EXAMPLE.sh file has a request to name the issue
and give a synopsis at the top of the file.  I'm sure Trent had a good
reason for it, but no feelings either way.  The important thing is that
we get the job done.

(and the licensing stuff below helps).

> +. lib                           # Load some portability helpers.
> +rm -rf R S                      # Another script may have left a mess.
> +darcs init      --repo R        # Create our test repos.
> +
> +cd R
> +mkdir tools
> +darcs rec -lam "add tools"
> +mkdir tools/cgi
> +echo bar > tools/cgi/README
> +darcs rec -lam "add cgi"
> +darcs move tools contrib
> +darcs rec -lam "rename tools/ to contrib/"
> +rm -rf contrib/cgi
> +darcs rec -lam "drop cgi"
> +cd ..
> +
> +darcs get R S
> +cd S
> +darcs show pristine
> +darcs unpull --last 2 -a
> +darcs show pristine
> +cd ..

Looks good.  Maybe boiling it down further (anonymising the names,
patches etc) would have been nice, but it doesn't make a difference.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9