[darcs-users] [patch212] Accept issue1819: pull --dont-allow-conflicts doesn't ...

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Jun 7 18:26:49 UTC 2010

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay!  One minor comment is that the file should be named
failing-issue1819-pull-dont-allow-conflicts.sh

Now I'd just accept and fix this myself but I have a dumb shell question
to ask first.  Feel free to amend your way out of this.

Accept issue1819: pull --dont-allow-conflicts doesn't work
> +#!/usr/bin/env bash
> +## Test for issue1819 - pull --dont-allow-conflicts doesn't work
> +##
> +## Dave Love <fx at gnu.org>, Public domain

Public domain works too indeed :-)

> +rm -rf R S
> +for repo in R S; do
> +    darcs init --repo $repo
> +    cd $repo
> +    echo 'Example content.' >x
> +    darcs add x
> +    darcs record -lam 'Add x'
> +    echo $repo >x
> +    darcs record -lam 'Change x'
> +    cd ..
> +done

> +cd S
> +echo |
> +  darcs pull --all --dont-allow-conflicts --external-merge 'cp %2 %o' ../R &&
> +  exit 1 || true

I confess I'm a bit confused this... how do the newlines interact with
the pipe and the &&?

Is there a simpler way this could be expressed, perhaps with 'not'?

> +rm -rf R S

I imagine there's a cd.. missing above here?