[darcs-users] reimplementing darcs put

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 12:27:55 UTC 2010

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> writes:

> ssh -R 2000:localhost:22 somewhere.else
> SSH_PORT=2000 darcs get localhost:some/repo
>
> But this requires the user to have a ssh server on their local
> machine, and ssh would prompt the password and maybe use the wrong
> username to connect back to the local machine.

In my case that would be unacceptable simply because the security policy
forbids the distal host getting a shell on the proximal host.  They're
usually on the same LAN, even -- the distal host is just not trusted.

I suppose I could modify it trivially to (untested)

    busybox httpd -f -p 12345 -h . &
    ssh -R 12345:127.0.0.1:12345 fs darcs get --complete http://127.0.0.1:12345 x
    kill $!

...which wouldn't require putting a key or password where the remote
host can sniff it.