[darcs-users] reimplementing darcs put

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Tue Jun 8 15:09:06 UTC 2010

trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:
> I suppose I could modify it trivially to (untested)
>
>     busybox httpd -f -p 12345 -h . &
>     ssh -R 12345:127.0.0.1:12345 fs darcs get --complete http://127.0.0.1:12345 x
>     kill $!
>
> ...which wouldn't require putting a key or password where the remote
> host can sniff it.

You should use SSH agent (with forwarding). Then, remote cannot sniff
your key, just ask for a request signature, which on reasonable setups
will pop up a passphrase prompt on your local machine.

Of course, the HTTP solution is better if you don't mind random users of
the remote machine being able to get your repository while you are
connected.

Yours,
   Petr.